TEACHING VALUES THROUGH THE PARTICIPATION IN TEAM SPORTS
Mt. Calvary offers an program in athletics as an integral component of its philosophy of ministering to the whole child. Girls have an opportunity to compete in volleyball, basketball, and track; while boys participate in flag football, basketball, and track. MCL is a member of the Lutheran Athletic League of San Gabriel Valley, competing against other member schools in league play.
Athletics provides an opportunity for students to develop their God-given gifts, while teaching the values of dedication, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Realize that all they do is for the glory of Christ
- Realize that athletics are part of the total education experience and the benefits of involvement go beyond the outcome or final score
- Participate to the best of their ability and learn from their mistakes
- Participate in positive cheer for their own team and opponents
- Learn and understand the rules of the game
- Respect the officials who administer those rules and make decisions
- Respect all coaches and others in authority
- Respect opponents