Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church established its Christian day school in 1983 in order to provide the children of Mt. Calvary’s congregation with a Christian education. Today, MCL provides a Christian education for children within the Lutheran Church, other Christian denominations, and to those who wish to provide their child with a Christ-centered private education. The school also exists as a mission outreach to the surrounding communities. MCL has grown from five classrooms with five teachers to 9 teachers with a preschool, library and computer lab.
To provide a thorough instruction to God’s Word so that the children may learn God’s will, and trust Him as their living, loving Savior. To assist the home in carrying out God’s commands:
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Prov. 22:6
- “Bring up your children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” Eph. 6:4
Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church and School believes that its primary mission is to lead children and adults to develop a devotion and trust in God as their:
- Creator – All things are created and preserved to glorify God. – Psalms 19:1
- Redeemer – God’s plan of salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ shows the glory of His love. – John 3:16
- Sanctifier – God for His own glory through His Holy Spirit works a new life in every Christian. – 1 Peter 4:14
Mt. Calvary Lutheran School strives to develop the child’s individual abilities, to educate for citizenship, to provide and maintain the highest academic standards, to improve human relationships, and to minister to individual and family needs.