Email sent Mar 20, 2020, 1:19 PM
Following the order of LA County and the Governor, we will not be operating school on campus at Mt Calvary for some time. LA County announced a “Safer at Home” order until April 19th and the Governor’s Order gave no specific ending time.
What does this mean for MCL?
- We will continue the delivery of our curriculum for the next two weeks, March 23-27 and March 30-April 6 as we have been doing.
- Teachers will be in communication with parents regarding the specifics for how each grade will assign and turn in student work.
- We will continue to expand our communication resources for instruction as we grow in knowledge and access more electronic delivery options for our MCL curriculum.
- We already have a shortened Holy Week schedule, with a “half-day” on Maundy Thursday—April 9th and our instructional expectations will recognize this shortened day.
- We will not assign work to be due or hold instruction on Good Friday, as per our current schedule there is no school this day.
- We will have no instruction from April 13-17, as we will continue to recognize this as our Easter/Spring Break.
- This brings us to April 20th as the first reasonable date that we could hold school on campus –pending the lifting of these orders. Any decision to return to school will be made in light of the current developing situation and directives of local, state, and national leadership.
- We will also be changing our MCL Office Hours to 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday—Friday.God’s peace and comfort rest upon us all.