Our K-1-2 Waiver has been approved! We are very excited to receive this approval from the Los Angeles Country Department of Public Health. We will now be able to re-open our campus in a limited capacity to students in these grades. Our teachers and office staff have begun the planning process so that all safety measures, schedules, and other concerns can be addressed and accomplished before students return.
Please note the vital information below as it pertains to your family regarding this waiver granted to Mt. Calvary.
- The re-opening date for Grades K-1-2 to return to campus will be January 4, 2021.
- We will have to limit our total on-campus population in those grades to 26.
- The school day will still be from 8 am to 3 pm.
- For those students in Grades K-1-2 who would choose not to return to campus, we will continue to provide delivery of our curriculum via distance education on Zoom.
- There will be some variations in the schedule between on-campus instruction and on-line instruction in each grade. These adjustments will be noted and communicated by our teachers to the homes of our students as needed.
- We will have to follow many new safety precautions, and these will be communicated in a follow-up document to families before Christmas vacation, which will require parental consent and support, indicated with a signature, prior to the student’s return to MCL.
- These new safety measures will be shared with students upon their return and followed by all to assure the health and safety of students, teachers, and staff of Mt Calvary.
- SAC (School Age Care) will be available to our K-1-2 students prior to the start of school from 6:30-7:45 am and following the school day from 3:00-6:00 pm. Regular SAC rates will apply for use during these time periods.